Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yummy grilled chicken

It's been a great weekend here at our house. Lot's of fun and a few firsts. But we're back on track and ready for the real world and school. We made one of my favorite dinners tonight. We had Tasty Marinated Chicken for dinner with rice and fresh pineapple. We were planning on having a salad, but I decided that fresh pineapple would be a nice little treat for us, not to mention all of the fruit flies that were swarming it, I decided that I needed to cut it up and either put it into the fridge or eat it...I chose eat it! A little history on this recipe. When we were living in Houston I was in a freezer group. Basically, we'd meet once a month and swap dinners. I'd make one dinner that would serve 6 different families (so I was making one dinner 6 times). Then the other members of the group did the same thing and we'd get together and swap our dinners and walk away with 6 dinners for the month. It was great because that was 6 dinners that I didn't have to make that month. I walked away with quite a few great recipies, but this one was by far my favorite of all of them. It's full of flavor, it's used on chicken so the kids love it, and it's easy. Plus, it's grilled, so I don't have to do ALL of the work...daddy gets to help out a little bit...hehe. So, on with it...

Tasty Marinated Chicken
(not sure where this came from, other than my freezer group friend)

2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbs. liquid smoke
2 Tbs. spicy brown mustard (today I used regular brown mustard & it was still really good)
2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used about 7 tonight and had lots of marinade)

You can combine all of this and then freeze it all. When you're ready to eat it thaw it and grill it.

In a large gallon size baggie combine the olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, liquid smoke, mustard, pepper, and garlic powder. Place chicken in the baggie and cover with marinade. At this point you have two choices, either throw this into the freezer and freeze it until you're ready to eat it, thaw it and grill it. OR, marinade it overnight or all day long and then grill it. Discard the leftover marinade. Cook the chicken 6 to 8 minutes on each side.

No comments: