Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Quick dinner for a late & busy night

We had a busy night tonight. We had dance class and then straight to a ball game. This meant that I needed to make a dinner that was either cooking while we were gone OR was really easy to assemble when we got home. I chose the latter of the two choices. I had made some super awsome pulled pork the other week in the slow cooker that I had not put bbq on it, but instead I put it in the freezer. I just pulled it out this morning and put it in the fridge. Then when we got home tonight I put it in a pan with the bbq and warmed it up along with some baked beans. And Vola, dinner!

Crock Pot pulled pork

3 lbs. pork ribs, bones removed
1 14 oz. can beef broth
Lowery's seasoning
Carribean Jerk seasoning
Garlic powder
Onion powder
pinch of nutmeg
Salt & pepper
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
Combine all of the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low 8 hours.  Once it's all cooked, pour into a strainer and get rid of the liquid. Put the pork in a bowl and shread with 2 forks. Combine with bbq sauce, slap it on a bun and EnJoY!

No comments: