Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fish and Ham & Beans, but not in the same night...

It's Wednesday and I'm really late on my posts. We aren't going to talk about Monday nights' dinner. The fish, it was a BOMB! A bomb I tell you. It was spicy, vinegar-y, and full of olives. I'll just tell you that my kids don't like olives. I like olives, but not in this sauce and not on fish. So, in the end we scraped off the sauce and dunked politely dipped our fish chunks in tartar sauce. The broccoli was good and I had a fantastic salad. But the fish...eh not so much.

Wednesday night we have dinner at church, so no recipe to share this time. Sorry!

So onward and upward to better food we go! Crock Pot Ham and Beans. Now these were good. I usually make a double pot of them to freeze and have for later. Since I didn't have enough ham I just made a single dose (if you will). Here's how I make my ham and beans. Again, I don't have exact measurements, I just add how much I think will make it good.

3 can (15 oz each) Great Northern Beans
1/2 lb. ham, cubed
1/2 of a sweet onion, diced
dash Worshershire sauce
1 tsp. yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. ketsup
3 Tbs. brown sugar (we like our ham & beans sweet)
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all in your crock pot and cook on low 4 to 5 hours. Serve with corn bread. I like Jiff corn bread mix. I just make it like the box says, but (again we like sweet) I add 3 Tbs. sugar. Yummy! EnJoY!

No comments: