Sunday, March 20, 2011

This week's menu and grocery list

Since we are heading back to school this week, I am hoping to go back to 'normal.' If I even know what normal is. I have been planning breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner for the past couple of weeks. I had been noticing that if I didin't plan breakfast we ended up eating cereal every morning. Miss M is home everyday for lunch with me so I like to plan lunches for us. And with Mr. Man in school all day long this year and Miss M going next year, I have been planning snacks too so that they end up with some nutritional snacks for them in the afternoons. As always I'm planning on dinners. So, I'll list my breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners. This is helpful too, because it's fun to plan a little exciting snack every now and then.

Menu:

Monday- breakfast: pancakes (I made extra last week and froze them so all I have to do is pop them in the toaster to warm and crisp them up today)
      lunch- salad for me, hotdog, cheese stick, fruit for Miss M
      snack- gogurt
      dinner- (we have dance & a t-ball game tonight so it has to be fast) Pulled pork sandwiches with baked beans

Tuesday- breakfast: Toaster Struddles
      lunch: ham & cheese lunchable (homemade...deli ham, sliced cheese, and crackers)
      snack: bugs on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins)
      dinner: Chicken Enchiladas with refried beans and cheese (leftover dinner that was not used last week)

Wednesday- breakfast: muffins (will make Tuesday night)
      lunch: no plan right now, will cross this bridge when we get there
      snack: warm pretzals
      dinner: Wednesday nights we go to church and eat there

Thursday- breakfast: Breakfast bars & banana
      lunch: leftovers
      snack: cheese & crackers
      dinner: homemade chicken noodle soup (in the crock pot) with grilled cheeses (we also have ball games tonight so dinner has to be made and ready for us when we get home or at least easy to assemble quickly)

Friday- breakfast: cereal
      lunch: field trip to the zoo...packing pb&j's for lunch
      snack: pudding
      dinner: hamburgers on the grill with sweet potato fries

Saturday- breakfast: breakfast tacos
      dinner: Veracruz fish with a salad and fresh veggi

Sunday- breakfast: Sausage souffle (made Sat. night)
      dinner: Tasty marinated chicken (made Sat. night and marinated all night & day long), grilled, with rice & a salad

Grocery List:
(Remember if there is an * by an item, you need it for this weeks' recipies)
Apples
*Fresh Veggi
Fruit
Garlic
*Salad
*1 lb. Hamburger meat
*Whole cut up chicken
Bread
*Flour tortillas
*Hamburger buns
*Shredded cheddar cheese
Kraft singles
*Muffin mix
Pasta sauce
Honey mustard dressing
*Milk
Coffee creamer

No comments: