Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This week

Yeah, I know that it's Wednesday and my grocery week actually starts on Sunday, but if I'm going to do this blog and keep it up, I'd like to get started. So, I'm going to backtrack a bit here and catch myself up to today. Since it's summer, I have some extra activities planned for the kids that involve food, so there are some "extras" on my shopping list for their activities.

Here is the list and menu for this week (this will be posted on Sunday in the future):

Menu:
Kids handmade ice cream in a baggie
Homemade strawberry ice cream in the ice cream maker
Chocolate covered Pretzal rods for Bible Study
Hashbrown Casserole for Bible Study

Monday- Georga Peach Chicken Sand. (I used nectarines b/c they are easier) with peas and carrots

Tuesday- Herbed Fish Cakes with brussels sprouts (thaw) with bacon and shallots and rolls

Wednesday- Parmesian Chicken with spaghetti

Thursday- leftovers

Friday- Pork chops with apples and rosemary with balsamic roasted asparagus and mashed reds

Saturday- Bacon wrapped burgers with blue cheese sauce with choice of side (whatever is in the pantry that needs to be eaten)

Sunday- frozen pizza

Grocery List: (I make my list to go around my grocery store.)
bananas (just to eat during the week)
grapes (just to eat during the week)
strawberries (for the ice cream)
shallot (Tues. dinner)
3 yellow onions (1 for Bible study, 2 for extras for pantry)
asparagus (Fri dinner)
1 head of garlic (just needed it)
8 red potatoes (Fri dinner)
1 red bottle of wine (restocking)
1 white bottle of wine (restocking)
Gatoraid (restocking)
juice boxes (restocking)
3/4 lb. Halibut or Cod (Tues dinner)
4 boneless pork chops (Fri dinner)
Hamburger (Sat dinner) (get the lbs you'll need for your family, I got 4 lbs...1 lb. for Sat. 3 lbs to freeze)
Pretzal Rods (for Bible study)
Eggos (for b-fast)
10 oz. frozen brussels sprouts (for Tues dinner)
4 c. Hashbrowns (for Bible study)
Eggs (restocking and using)
tub of butter (we eat Country crock and I call this tub butter when we need it so I don't get the wrong butter)
1 quart 1/2 & 1/2 (for the homemade ice creams)
2 gal. milk (what can I say, my family drinks a lot of milk...except me, I drink soy...which I don't buy often)
napkins
Lemishine (for the dishwasher, we have VERY hard water and it takes care of the spots)
8 oz. baking chocolate squares (for Bible study)
bread crumbs (for Tues dinner and restocking)
2 - 3 spaghetti sauces (1 for Wed. dinner, rest for restocking)
loaf of bread (needed for the week)
Parmesain cheese (restocking)
1/4 c. blue cheese crumbles (Sat  dinner)

This takes care of the menu and grocery list. I think from now on, instead of saying why I am getting each thing, I'll just put a * next to the items that are needed for the week. Also, don't forget to look at the recipies because you may need something for a recipe that I didn't need so I didn't put it on my grocery list.

No comments: