Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Georgia Peach Chicken Sandwiches with peas and carrots

Like I said before, I used nectarines instead of peaches because 1) I had them and 2) I didn't want to peal the peaches. This also calls for a jalapeno sauce, but because I have  4 & 5 year olds, I just used mayo.

There will not be pics because I didn't take them Monday night.

Recipe:
1 lb. chicken breast cutlets (or 1 chicken breast per person)
1 cup buttermilk (I used regular 1% milk and it worked just fine)
1/2 c. pecans, finely ground
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/2 c. evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
4 hamburger buns
1 peach or nectarine, thinly sliced
8 green-leaf lettuce leaves

1. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and milk.

2. In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans and bread crumbs. Working with one piece at a time, remove the chicken from the milk letting the excess drip off, and coat with the pecan mixture.

3. In a large skillet, head the evoo over med. heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden-brown, about 2 minutes on each side.

4. Toast the rolls in the toaster. Spread some mayo on the buns. Assemble sandwiches with the chicken, peach, and lettuce.

For the peas and carrots...I used the frozen pea/carrot mixture.

1. Put as much as your family will eat into a microwavable bowl. Put in 3 Tbs. butter and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir. Recover and microwave for another 3 minutes or until hot.

Plate and enjoy!

No comments: