Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chicken, Ham, and mini Shrimp Fried Rice

I had some left over chicken from Sunday and some left over ham that I had frozen and I wanted to clean out the fridge. My hubby requested that I add some mini shrimp and that took it over the top. It was really good. I suprise myself every time I make fried rice. I forget how easy it is AND how good it is. I don't have exact measurements on the meat because I just used what I had. You can use whatever meat you have.

Fried Rice
2 cups water
1 cup rice
3 Tbs. vegi oil
2 eggs beaten
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 in. fresh gingerroot, minced or grated
1/2 c. shredded carrots
1/2 red bell pepper (I did not use this)
4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
1/2 c. frozen peas (I didn't use and wish I had)
Chicken chopped
Ham diced
Small shrimp
1/4 to 1/3 soy sauce

Bring water to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat, cover and cook over medium-low heat until tender, 15 to 18 minutes.

Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 1 Tbs. oil to the pan. Add eggs and scramble, then move them off to the side of he pan and add a little more oil to the center. Add garlic and ginger, then carrots, pepper, and scallions and quick-fry veggies, 2 min. Add the meat and heat through. Add rice and combine with veggies and meat. Incorporate the scrambled eggs and shrimp and continue to cook another 2 to 3 min. or until the shrimp are cooked. Add peas and soy sauce and stir-fry 1 min. more.

I did not get a before picture, but this is the after shot of our devoured pan of rice. Leftovers!!

Plate and enjoy!

No comments: