Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tuesday Aug. 9

I made one of our fav's for dinner tonight. It's super quick, easy, and totally yummy! The meat is a little expensive, but it lasts for at least 3 meals and freezes really well once it's cooked so you can use it later if you don't want to eat pork 2 days a week. It's also a crock pot recipe so you just throw it all in in the morning and eat when you get home. Thanks to one of my best friends, I also have more ideas for how to use it when it's cooked now, too. We had this for dinner Tuesday and will have it again Thursday. Then whatever is leftover I'll put into a large ziplock baggie and freeze until I'm ready for it again another night. So, without further ado...

Crock Pot Pulled Pork
I came up with this recipe on my own. I adapted from many different recipies that I found.

3 pounds boneless pork ribs
14 ounces beef broth
3 Tbs. Lowry's seasoning
2 Tbs.Carribean Jerk seasoning
2 Tbs. garlic powder
2 Tbs. onion powder
pinch of nutmeg
kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper

Place the pork ribs in the crock pot. Add the beef broth and all of the seasonings.

 I don't measure my seasonings, I just eyeball what I think looks good, so don't feel like you have to measure. If you want more or less of something, just go for it! This is my best guess as to what I do.

Cover and cook on high for 8 hours. (I cooked ours for 6 ours this time and they still turned out good, but I could still see some of the fat, I just ran out of time. I'd give them the full 8 hours if I were you, but 6 will work).

Drain the meat in a strainer. Put into a large bowl and shred using 2 forks.

Tonight I made BBQ sandwiches. I pulled out enough for 4 sandwiches and added some BBQ sauce. Thursday night I'll be making pulled pork tacos, I'll put that recipe up later this week (Thanks Heather!).

I served these with some baked beans. Nothing special, I just opened a large can of Bush's baked beans and warmed them in a pan. See, easy peesy! EnJoY!

No comments: