Monday, August 15, 2011

Friday Aug. 12

I know I didn't post Thursday night's dinner. But, y'all, it was a late night and I wasn't hungry. I made the kids their pork tacos and I ended up eating a bowl of cereal at about 10 pm. I'm actually going to make them again this week, so I'll post the recipe later.

But I did make the chicken spaghetti Friday night and it was really yummy, so here it is. Also, this weekend was a mess, so no recipies to share from the weekend.

Chicken Spaghetti
From The Pioneer Woman website.

2 cups cooked chicken (I boiled 3 breasts in some water until they were cooked through)
3 cups dry spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces
2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely diced Green pepper
1/4 cup finely diced Onion
1 jar (4 ounce) diced Pimentos, drained
2 cups reserved chicken broth from the pot (or canned if you'd prefer or don't have enough broth)
1 tsp. Lowry's seasoned salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup additional grated sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dice the chicken breasts. Cook the spaghetti in the chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook since you will be cooking it more in the oven later. When the spaghetti is cooked, combine with the remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.

Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes and until bubbly. EnJoY!

* I can't get my pics inserted right now. I'll have to post them later. But let me assure you, this was really good and looked great!

No comments: