Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tuesday Aug. 2nd

I have a breakfast and lunch recipe to share today, but no dinner recipe. We had a funeral visitation to attend this evening, so we went out for dinner. In leu of our no dinner to share, I have some that we've made and never made it onto the blog. So I'll pick one and share it tonight. You're welcome!

Breakfast: Zucchini bread (I actually made this a while ago. I made a couple of loaves and froze one. I just thawed this in the fridge the day before)
Lunch: Chicken ceasar wraps with fruit (I had leftover pasta salad from Monday night)
Snack: from the gas station on the road
Dinner: out, but I'll feature Tasty Marinated Chicken with scalloped potatoes
Dessert: Lime Chiffon Pie, Oh My!

Zucchini Bread
I got this from a mom in my MOPS group in Houston, not sure where she got it from
3 eggs
1 c. veg. oil
2 c. sugar
2 c. grated zucchini
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. cinnamon (or 2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. cloves from a spicer bread)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. nuts, chopped (I didn't use these, we don't like nuts in our bread)

Beat eggs; add oil, sugar, and vanilla. Mix well. Add zucchini and remaining ingredients. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 60 to 75 minutes. Start testing doneness at 60 min, then every 5 min. after. EnJoY!

This freezes well. Just let cool, wrap in Saran wrap then foil. Freeze. Thaw in fridge 1 day before eating.
This bread supprised me when I made it. You can NOT taste the zucchini (great for kids and getting them to eat more veggies) and it was red when I cut into it because of all of the cinnamon. It tastes GREAT!

Chicken Ceasar Wrap
Paula Deen's Cookbook for the Lunch Box Set (kids cookbook) Page 88
Sorry, no pic of this today

1 c. chopped romaine lettuce (I used iceburg lettuce since that's what I had)
1 c. chopped cooked chicken breast
1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 c. Ceasar salad dressing
3 tomato or spinach wraps (or as many as you'll need) (I actually used tortilla wraps, it's what I had!)

In a small bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken breast, Parm cheese, and dressing. Place the chicken salad mixture in the center of the wrap. Fold up each of the wrap, then roll up tightly. EnJoY!

This was a good wrap. My kids ate it very quickly and really enjoyed it.

Tasty Marinated Chicken
I got this recipe from a Freezer Group member that I was in, in Houston. Not sure where she got it from.
This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! Great flavor!
The ingredients for this is NOT in the grocery list for this week since it wasn't on the menu. Sorry!

Moving on, Ingredients:
2/3 c. olive oil
2/3 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. lemon juice
2 Tbs. liquid smoke
2 Tbs. spicy brown mustard
2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

In a gallon size baggie, combine olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, liquid smoke, mustard, pepper, and garlic powder. Whisk. Place chicken in the baggie and coat. Zip the baggie and place in a bowl and refridgerate for at least 24 hours. Preheat grill. Discard the marinate and place chicken on grate. Cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Goes great with brown rice or acorn squash. I made a box of scalloped potatoes. I just followed the directions on the box. EnJoY!


Lime Chiffon Pie
this is on a recipe card and all I know is that I got it out of a Kraft magazine 3 years ago.
Also, if you know me during the summer, then you've probably had this. It is my FAVORITE summer dessert. Light, fluffy and refreshing! TRY THIS!!!!!

2/3 c. boiling water
1 pkg. (4 servings) lime Jell-O
ice cubes
1/2 c. cold water
1 1/2 tsp. grated lime peel (I don't usually use this since I don't always have limes)
2 Tbs. lime juice
small carton thawed Cool Whip
1 grahm cracker crumb crust (just buy one, it's so much easier!)

Stir boiling water into Jell-O in a large bowl at least 2 minutes (make sure you do this!) until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to the cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to Jell-O, stir until ice is completely melted. Stir in lime peel and juice. Add Cool Whip, stir with a whisk until well blended (I use the whisk the entire time I'm making this). Refridgerate 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is very think and will mound. Spoon into crust.  Refridgerate at least 4 hours or overnight. EnJoY!

No comments: