Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easy pork with fries and green beans...

Monday night I made the dinner that I had planned for Sunday night. It did take an hour to make so it's not a really fast meal, but it was easy to make. And it tasted great! We will be making this one again.

One-Pan Roast Pork with Parmesan Fries
Kraft Magazine 2007 pg. 43



1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp. garlic salt, divided
1 1/4 lb. Yukon gold potatoes (I found a bag of little Yukon gold potatoes that I just halved)
1 lb. pork tenderloin (I could only find 2, 1 lb tenderloins, so I baked them both...one for later)
2 Tbs. Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing (I used the Roasted Red Pepper with Parm dressing from last week)
1 Tbs honey
1 lb. green beans

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine the egg white, cheese and 3/4 tsp. garlic salt in a medium bowl. Add the potatoes and toss to coat (I just put the potatoes on a cookie sheet then combine it all with my hands...also, don't forget to spray your cookie sheet with Pam spray or else you'll be sorry...as I learned).
Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes. Place meat on the same baking sheet next to the potaotes and sprinkle with garlic salt, I also put some pepper on ours. Bake for an additional 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the dressing and honey.
Brush the meat with the dressing mixture. Continue cooking 10 to 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked through (160 degrees) and the potatoes are tender. Brush the meat occasionally with the dressing mixture.
While the meat and potatoes are cooking, snap the ends of the beans and put into a large skillet. Add some water, enough to just cover the beans. Cover and boil for 5 minutes. Drain the green beans and return to the skillet. Add some butter, garlic salt, and pepper. Saute for 2 or 3 minutes to combine all of the flavors.
Slice the tenderloin into small coin pieces. Plate the tenderloin, potatoes, and green beans.
EnJoY!

No comments: