Thursday, July 1, 2010

Teriyaki Turkey with Pineapple and Pickled Onions and rice noodles

This dinner was very good. Again, I was suprised that I liked the turkey. I did not use the pickled onions because I couldn't find them. I'm not sure that I'd like this dish with the pickled onions. I also think I may have used a bit too much pepper because I thought it was a little spicy. But it was very good.

Teriyaki Turkey with Pineapple and Pickled Onions (minus the onions) and Rice noodles

2 tea. evoo
1 lb. boneless skinless turkey breast (I used leftover turkey tenderloin from last week)
Salt and pepper
1 8oz. can crushed pineapple in juice (I used chunks and liked them a lot!)
1/2 c. pickled onions, drained (didn't use)
1/3 c. teriyaki sauce
2 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
1 package rice noodles



Boil a pot of water and put in enough rice noodles for your family. Boil the noodles for 2 min. (that's it! quick and easy). Run under warm water for a second to make them not stick together.

Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Season the turkey all over with salt and pepper and place in the hot skillet. Sear until golden brown, about 2 min per side. Add the pineapple with juice, onions, teriyaki, and honey and bring to a simmer. Partially cover the pan and simmer until the turkey is just cooked through, about 5 min.



Place some noodles on a plate. Arrange the turkey on the noodles and spoon the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the cilantro just before serving.

Plate and enjoy!

No comments: